Autumn (Fall) is such a beautiful season for weddings, thanks to the gorgeous colours and the crisp whether. You can have great fun in creating your own personal fall wedding. Whether it is a full autumnal themed wedding, thanksgiving wedding celebration or whether you just add a few little details.
All images and sources can be found in the Tartan Rose Autumn Wedding Pinterest board
10 months and a few days to go until the big day from my previous post (13 Months Engaged) you’ll know what we’ve got a lot done already, so what’s left;
- Appointment with the registrar; I don’t know why but i’m slightly nervous about this. 🙂
- The Cake; we’re going to have a Italian sponge cutting cake from Amalfi Pasticceria, their cakes are absolutely gorgeous and such a lovely opposite to the traditional dense fruit cake. The cutting cake I am going to make and decorate myself… I know I think I may be slightly crazy for taking this on.
- Invites; this is another of my DIY projects Michael chose the wedding stationary theme, fonts and colours and together we came up with some ideas to incorporate our mutial geekiness into the invites, so on the back of each item there is a special design hinting to one of our geeky fandoms from Harry Potter to LOTR and CD Projekt Red’s amazing Witcher games to Doctor Who. See the Gallifreyan message thats on the back of our STDs in my previous post 13 Months To Go.
Fancy a personalised twist at your wedding bar? Then how about having the bride and groom’s favourite cocktails, or even signature cocktails for your wedding day.
Wedding Bar Sign from Paper Tangent
Rose Water Caipirinha
Berry Happy Together Sangria Recipe
1 bottle Sauvignon Blanc or dry white wine
3/4 cup St. Germain
2 fresh peaches
5-6 fresh strawberries
6 fresh raspberries
1 small bunch of fresh white grapes
A perfect wedding party gift should be both a token of your gratitude for their help, support and efforts and as a wedding memento. Firstly you don’t have to buy gifts for all of your wedding party, you can buy gift only to your MoH and Best Man, but this depends on how much others have been involved, their efforts and your budget. This post will give you some basic tips and some ideas for your wedding party gifts.
Part 1 of this post looked at Save the Dates, When to Send the Invitations, What Should be Included in a Wedding Invitation and What Should be on the Wedding Invitation. This post will be looking further into wedding stationary etiquette.
- This will vary from couple to couple and will also depend on who is paying for the wedding, here are some examples of wedding invitation wording;
- Mr and Mrs John Smith request the pleasure of your company at the marriage of their daughter Lucy to Mr. Tom Parker at the church of St Peter and St Paul, Kettering on Friday, 1st September 2017 at 2 o’ clock and afterwards at the Elme Hotel.
- With their families Mr Tom Parker and Miss Lucy Smith request the pleasure of your company at their marriage.
- Mr Tom Parker and Miss Lucy Smith request the pleasure of your company at their marriage.
- As a general rule have a host line, then the couple’s names, the invitation line, the information (when, where), a ‘party line’, and you can finish with a line on the dress code or if your having a child free wedding you can include a line on this.